Cops discover gruesome clue after man found covered in blood next to wife’s body

A GRUESOME clue proved a man who killed his wife had been trying to decapitate her when cops stormed their home.

Hamilton County man Wilford Jenkins III, 39, will serve 20 years in jail as part of a plea agreement over his wife’s death in October 2021.


Huletta Smith Jenkins was killed by her husband
Wilford Jenkins III, 39, will serve 20 years in jail over her death


Wilford Jenkins III, 39, will serve 20 years in jail over her death

He had pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, felonious assault, and tampering with evidence in connection with her death.

Huletta Smith Jenkins, 47, was found with stab wounds to her chest, arms, neck and abdomen, but it was a cut across her throat that took her life.

The coroner’s report suggested Mr Jenkins had tried to decapitate his wife due to the bone fragments that were missing from her spinal cord, Law and Crime reported.

A double-edged fixed-blade knife was found on the floor between the pair.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joseph Deters said Jenkins had a “superficial” knife would on his neck and was taken to hospital.

Deters said: “It is hard to imagine the last moments of this woman’s life.

“I hope this result can help bring closure to her family and loved ones.

Facing his charges in court, he said: “I am so sorry and I wish I could take it all back.

“I wish I could have her back in everybody’s lives.”

In her victim impact statement, Huletta’s mother Roxanna Smith said: “The only remorse you have is that you got caught.

“Why didn’t you just leave and let her live?”

Jenkins previously worked as a guard at the Lebanon Correctional Facility under the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, and as deputy at the Butler County Jail.

Police in Forest Park, Ohio, arrived at the home in Bessinger Drive following reports of a possibly suicidal person inside.

Cops found both the husband and wife inside suffering from multiple stab wounds.

Huletta was pronounced dead at the scene as her husband was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

Police charged Jenkins with his wife’s death four days after the brutal slaying.

A contractor who was working nearby at the time said he heard loud screams and crying coming from the home.

He told Fox affiliate WXIX: “The only thing I heard him say was, ‘there’s a lot of blood in there.’”

Inside Tony Sirico's gangster past with 28 arrests before 'Paulie Walnuts' role
Vital steps to take after monkeypox infection revealed by expert as cases hit 700

The couple had two adult kids, in their 20s, with one inside the property at the time of the incident, The Enquirer reports.

One son told police that he walked inside to look at what happened and then came back out,

Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button